• For color ads, a contract quality, properly calibrated SWOP-standard proof should be included for color guidance on press. A list of SWOP-certified systems is available at http://swop.org/certification/certmfg.asp.
• All contract proofs must be generated at 100%, and contain a color bar and crop marks, located outside the crop area. A color bar is available for download in the Downloads section of this site.
• If a contract proof is not provided, Source Interlink Media will generate one for an additional charge of $60. Source Interlink Media is NOT responsible for matching color on ads that do not supply a SWOP-certified contract proof.
• If you choose not to supply us with a SWOP-standard proof or have us create one for you, please select the proof-waived option when uploading your ad file to our Ad Portal as outlined below. By selecting the proof-waived option there will be no opportunity for a reproduction credit or makegood; all liability for reproduction will be waived.
Submitting Your Ad
Source Interlink Media (SIM) has an Ad Portal: an electronic file-transmission system for the delivery of print advertisement files to its publications. This system offers a faster and more efficient process of reserving space and submitting advertisement materials to Source Interlink Media.
Source Interlink Media's Ad Portal includes the following features:
• The ability to view all your SIM ads in an online "catalog" of assets.
• The ability to "pick-up" and resubmit your ads to future issues, either with changes or as-is.
• The ability to upload your ad files for any future insertions or request new ad space - 24 hours a day, anywhere you have Internet access.
• An easy way to communicate changes to your ad materials.
• Instant confirmations that your ad files have been received.
To use the Ad Portal, you will need to register as a user:
1. Go to http://adportal.sourceinterlink.com
2. Click on "Register."
3. Fill in the form. Areas marked with a red asterisk need to be filled in before you can continue.
4. Click the blue "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
To help you better use the Ad Portal, download the guideline document to help you navigate the Ad Catalog and material uploading process. You can also access these instructions online, once you log in to the Source Interlink Advertiser Toolbox.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the Portal, contact your Advertising Operations Coordinator or email email@example.com to make us aware of any issues you experienced, or any comments you have on the use of the system. Your input will be used to ensure we provide the best possible resource going forward.